Digital media has brought us to an exclusive time period where you are your own brand. If we look at the overall picture, currently speaking, everything is oriented towards social media. Nevertheless, some of us are not even aware of this. A good social media marketing campaign can make a big difference to your brand.
The power a social media marketing campaign has in the world of digital users is priceless. Every corner of our electronic devices is full of ads and messages. Why shouldn’t we all try to reap the benefits? With a better understanding of the topic, we can all be social media masters.
How Can Social Media Marketing Increase Your Revenue?
It would be wrong to think that starting with this type of digital marketing will increase your earnings and revenue in a short period of time. This world is a strange place where nobody can guarantee the success of your business. If you want to be the best, you have to work hard. Only if you have a full understanding, basic talent and finally some luck, will you be able to succeed if you are a hard worker.
Will Your Investment Return?
The truth is that nobody can claim your investment will return, but on the other side you have to know that every business is a dead business if it is not active on a digital platform such as social media.
A friendly advice, you should try promoting your business online. The cost is rather low, so there is not much to lose.
Paid ads and digital promotion will give you more followers as well as connecting you with people who are interested in what you have to offer, but that doesn’t necessarily mean you will make more money. It requires hard work and perseverance.
There are some facts you should keep in mind before you take any action:
• The possibility to have a good return on investment is 50/50. There are many tangible and intangible factors that go into an ROI.
• Do not expect to have results overnight. The only way to reach your goal is to work hard and be patient. The most important thing is that you should be active and familiar with your audience.
• Your sales may increase thanks to the engagement of your followers as they might be ready to use your products more since they have information readily available online. But, the question is what ROI would you have to reach before you are satisfied?
• Keep in mind that your company will develop and rise only if you are paying attention to the right aspects of social media marketing. You have to plan your strategy carefully and spend your money wisely.
The Main Platforms for Digital Marketing
Social media marketing is a growing discipline. There are a big number of platforms which one can use to achieve the visibility of their brand. The strange thing is that you never know which one is the right choice for your brand. This is because every platform has its own way of working. Followers of one are not the same as on the other, such as Facebook and Instagram.
This obviously has something to do with the demographic data as well as what and how people are spending their time on these different platforms. Because of this, try to research a bit before you invest your time and money, as some platforms are more suitable for specific types of business.
Here we will present some platforms which might be of great importance for those who want to start with social media marketing. Here are some to keep in mind:
• Facebook – this is one of the fastest growing platforms and a favorite of many. This platform has more than 2 billion users on a monthly level. More than one-quarter of people from around the world has an account on Facebook.
• Instagram – although this platform is compatible with Facebook since they are connected, it is receiving its fair share of fame these days. It is a favorite of many for sharing pictures, while their announcement of sharing videos and live videos has made it popular. This announcement might be a particular threat directly to the YouTube channel.
• Twitter – this network is practical for sharing thoughts, information and important things with followers. There is something interesting with Twitter – there is no middle audience, users either love it or just don’t care for it.
• YouTube – even if users are not making interacting on the content you put on YouTube, that doesn’t mean they are not informed about your whereabouts. In the area of sharing video, this platform is at the top of the chain, at least for now.
• LinkedIn – as the name says, this platform is for linking people. But, it is important to know it is oriented on business connections, so advertisements through it can be interesting if you are linked to the right people for the brand you are trying to promote.
• Google+ – a popular way to share creative content with people thanks to your Google account. It is not as popular as other social media platforms but, for specific niches, it has a wide range of usage.
• Pinterest – a great place to follow groups you are interested in. Thanks to the wide range of possible groups that post content, many users find happiness in sharing their pictures and stories.
Is this a good place for advertising?
It would take a while to list out all the possible social media platforms. It’s best to mention some of the more popular ones first and work your way down. Besides the ones already mentioned, it would be a good idea to also check out Reddit, Tumblr, Snapchat, Quora, Yelp, FourSquare, LevelUp, and Periscope. This is not the whole list, but it’s a great start!
Who Are the Followers?
Advertisement through social media is important, and thus the main question is who will be your followers on your social media platforms. It is a good idea to collect information before you start implementing a plan.
According to research, Facebook is mostly a place where women spend most of their free time, especially those who are between 18 and 29 years old. The same demographic of women are using Instagram as well, but their number is more than half. These same women are also tweeting just as much as their usage of Instagram. On the other side, men are more connected to other platforms such as Linkedin and Snapchat.
The Terms Used in Social Media Context
There are different terms you may notice that people are using on their social media networks. As regular and everyday users, we are most familiar with the following:
• Shares – having others share our content we share with them. Looking from an angle of promoters and companies, it is important to post text, photos or videos that will make people want to share them on their own platform.
• Hashtags – a very popular tool to give your brand relevancy and search specific words. This is an easy way to express feelings, so if others mention you in their Hashtags, you may reap the benefits of bringing traffic to your brand.
If you want to make an effective post that will reach a large number of people, you need to be well-informed about the following:
• Content – whatever you put on your social media platforms, whether it consists of photos, videos, or even a message, you are creating content. Try to post only high-quality content for the good of your business.
• Context – the message of your posts are important. Try to find a place to create good context for your posts, otherwise, they will be useless.
• Engagement – this is a measurable unit and it means you can count in numbers how many people are reacting to your posts and making comments about something you wanted to tell them.
How to Increase Engagement Rates?
We all know that organic likes and followers are the best audiences. But, it’s not always easy to reach them without the right exposure. Once you pay for a boost and have posts visible for many of your target groups, a new problem occurs.
The more serious issue is coming up with a bigger number of fans and followers. They are looking for fresh content all the time. It wouldn’t be enough to post some engaging content only from time to time. The most important rule is to keep their eyes open to high-quality posts, something that will keep their attention and make them feel familiar with your posts and products. This will help your brand become more recognizable with a good social media marketing campaign.
The Best Way to Be a Successful Social Media Marketer
We agree it is not easy to be unique and visible all the time. But, if you have a list of goals you would like to achieve, it might be easier. There are some points to remember when trying to persuade people who are potential customers and clients:
• Always create high-quality posts and avoid fluffing if you write text
• Make interesting visual posts that will keep your followers “awake”
• Try to raise the brand awareness among your fans while giving them the content they will like
• Concentrate on SEO rules, use the right keywords to ensure people can easily reach you and never underestimate the power of hashtags and keywords
• Share with your followers about upcoming plans, benefits they can achieve if they work with you and create practical examples of what they can expect if they are loyal customers
• Try to improve your ROI, not for a few days, but on a long-term basis
• Do your best to make your fans believe you are offering a product that can satisfy their needs in a positive way, so they will engage with your brand and platform
• Follow your competition from time to time. That is a good way to learn how they attract their loyal members
What Else Can One Do to Improve the Brand?
The most important thing is to have a plan in the beginning when you have a social media marketing campaign in mind. That is the only way one can reach their goals.
Think about demographic characteristics, something that can help you identify your target market. It is very important to offer your products to your audience and people who are meant to use what you are offering.
Besides follows, likes, and shares, always pay attention to the number of posts you’ve reached and clicks on buttons such as call to actions. Always remember the engagement of your followers, that is a crucial part.
What Are the Benefits of a Social Media Marketing Campaign?
The benefits one can reach through social media marketing are numerous. What are some things we can expect if we are leading an engaging campaign on our social media platforms? Well here it is:
• The awareness of your brand will grow over time
• Your inbound traffic will rise along with your rankings among search engines
• You will increase customer satisfaction, as well as brand loyalty and authority
• The conversion rates of your posts will grow, while your advertisements will be cost-effective
• The improvement of your marketplace insights
• Reaching of specific parts of your audience
• Your brand can gain the engagement of customers
Can Social Media Emphasize the Importance of Digital Media?
The biggest advantage of social media platforms is that it can improve other marketing efforts for your brand and business. What is the most important benefit of this process? Social media platforms will have people speak about your brand. There will be many people who will recommend your brand to other people directly through shares and hashtags. Others will promote your brand through “word of mouth”, which is still considered to be one of the best forms of marketing.
Some posts can lead users to visit your website. This might be a powerful tool to promote your content in full form, directly on your landing pages. There is no limit on how to go about promoting your brand. Social media marketing is a great place to start.
It is up to you to choose which goals mean the most to you. Remember, social media marketing is a very strong tool that can connect you with a huge audience.