Motorcycle accidents can be very dangerous and traumatizing, and it is crucial to get the right legal representation to help navigate through the legal process. Our team of experienced attorneys is here to help you get the legal help you need to manage and win your case.
What to do after a motorcycle accident
After a motorcycle accident, it is essential to take the necessary steps to protect yourself, both physically and legally. Firstly, you should seek medical attention immediately, even if you feel that your injuries are insignificant. Many accident victims do not realize the full extent of their injuries until days or even weeks after the accident. Secondly, you should contact a motorcycle accident attorney as soon as possible. Our legal team will help you to navigate through the legal process and ensure that your rights are protected. Finally, you should document as much information as possible. Take pictures of the scene, including the vehicles involved, and gather the contact information of any witnesses present.
What damages can I claim after a motorcycle accident?
After a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to several types of damages, including:
- Medical expenses: This includes both current and future medical expenses related to the accident.
- Lost wages: You may be entitled to compensation for any work days missed due to the accident.
- Property damage: You may be entitled to compensation for any damage to your motorcycle or other personal property.
- Pain and suffering: This includes compensation for any physical or emotional pain and trauma resulting from the accident.
- Wrongful death: If you have lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation for funeral expenses and other damages.
Our team of attorneys will help you to determine which damages apply to your case and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
What are the common causes of motorcycle accidents?
Motorcycle accidents can happen for various reasons, but some of the most common causes include:
- Driver negligence: Many accidents occur due to drivers failing to yield to motorcycles, speeding, or driving while distracted.
- Road hazards or defects: Potholes, gravel, and other road hazards can cause motorcyclists to lose control of their bikes, resulting in accidents.
- Weather conditions: Wet or icy conditions can make roads slippery, increasing the risk of accidents.
- Driving under the influence: Alcohol or drug use can impair a driver’s ability to react and make safe decisions while driving.
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident caused by any of these factors, our team will help you to navigate through the legal process and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
What is the statute of limitations for motorcycle accidents?
In most states, the statute of limitations for motorcycle accidents is two years. This means that you have two years from the date of the accident to file a claim for damages. However, it is essential to act quickly and seek legal representation as soon as possible to ensure that your rights are protected.
How much does it cost to hire a motorcycle accident attorney?
At our law firm, we work on a contingency fee basis, meaning that we only get paid if you win your case. Our fees are a percentage of the compensation that you receive, and there are no upfront costs or hidden fees.
What is the settlement amount for a motorcycle accident?
The settlement amount for a motorcycle accident varies depending on several factors, including the severity of the injuries, the extent of property damage, and the circumstances of the accident. Our legal team will help you to determine a fair settlement amount and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
How long does it take to settle a motorcycle accident case?
The time it takes to settle a motorcycle accident case can vary depending on several factors, including the complexity of the case and the severity of the injuries. In some cases, settlements can be reached within a few months, while in others, it may take several years for a case to be resolved. Our legal team will work efficiently and effectively to ensure that your case is resolved as quickly as possible.
What if I am partially at fault for the accident?
In most cases, it is still possible to recover damages even if you are partially at fault for the accident. However, the amount of compensation that you are entitled to may be reduced based on the percentage of fault assigned to you. Our legal team will help you to understand your rights and work to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
Motorcycle accidents can be challenging to navigate, but with the right legal representation, you can protect your rights and receive the compensation you deserve. Our team of experienced attorneys is here to help you throughout the process and ensure that your case is resolved effectively and efficiently. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.