So, you’ve had an accident huh? Sucks to be you! But don’t worry, we’ve got your back – well, not literally of course, unless you need a massage. We’re talking about hiring a personal injury attorney to help you navigate the legal aftermath of your misfortune. And if you’re in Towson, Maryland or surrounding areas, we know just the guy – the best personal injury attorney, at least according to his website. So, why wait? Keep calm and call (443) 991-7730!
Why Hire A Personal Injury Attorney?
First things first, in case you were wondering – no, you can’t just handle your accident case on your own. Unless you happen to be a lawyer, which we highly doubt, you’ll want a personal injury attorney on your side. Here’s why:
- Experience – personal injury attorneys specialize in cases like yours, and they probably have a lot of experience dealing with them. This means they know what evidence to look for, how to negotiate with insurance companies, and what to expect from court proceedings.
- Free Consultations – most personal injury attorneys offer free consultations. This means you can talk to them about your case, and they can give you an idea of what to expect if you choose to hire them. No risk, no obligation.
- No Upfront Costs – personal injury attorneys usually work on a contingency basis, which means you don’t pay anything upfront. Instead, they take a percentage of your settlement or court award if you win your case. This means they’re motivated to work hard for you and get you the best possible outcome.
- Better Settlements – statistics show that people who hire personal injury attorneys tend to get larger settlements than those who don’t. This is probably because attorneys know how to negotiate with insurance companies to get you the compensation you deserve.
- Peace of Mind – dealing with an accident can be stressful, especially if you’re trying to handle it on your own. Hiring a personal injury attorney can relieve some of that stress and give you the peace of mind of knowing that someone is on your side.
So, if you’re still on the fence about hiring a personal injury attorney, consider these benefits. It just might be the best decision you ever make.
What To Look For In A Personal Injury Attorney?
Now that you know you need a personal injury attorney, the next question is – how do you choose the right one? Here are some things to consider:
- Specialization – look for an attorney who specializes in personal injury law. This means they have experience dealing with cases like yours, and they know the ins and outs of the legal system when it comes to accidents and injuries.
- Experience – in addition to specialization, you’ll want an attorney who has a lot of experience dealing with cases like yours. Look for someone who has been practicing law for several years, and who has a proven track record of success.
- Communication – you want an attorney who will keep you in the loop throughout the entire process. Look for someone who is a good communicator, and who will take the time to explain things to you in a way you can understand.
- Availability – accidents don’t happen on a schedule, so you’ll want an attorney who is available for emergencies. Look for someone who will take your calls after hours, or who has a 24/7 answering service.
- Personality – last but not least, you’ll want an attorney who you feel comfortable with. Look for someone who is compassionate, understanding, and who takes the time to listen to your concerns. After all, you’ll be working with this person for quite some time.
If you take these things into consideration, you should be able to find a personal injury attorney who is a good fit for you and your case.
What To Expect From Your Personal Injury Case?
So, you’ve hired a personal injury attorney. What happens next? Here’s a general overview of what to expect from your case:
- Investigation – your attorney will investigate your case, gather evidence, and determine the extent of your damages. This may involve talking to witnesses, reviewing medical records, and consulting with experts.
- Negotiation – your attorney will then negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf. They will try to get you a settlement that covers your damages, including medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- Lawsuit – if negotiations fail, your attorney may decide to file a lawsuit on your behalf. This will involve going to court, presenting evidence, and arguing your case in front of a judge and/or jury.
- Settlement or Award – if you win your case, you will receive a settlement or award that covers your damages. If you lose, you will not receive anything.
- Appeals – if you lose your case, you may have the option to appeal the decision. This will involve going to a higher court and presenting your case again.
Of course, every case is different, and your personal injury attorney will be able to give you more specific information about what to expect from your particular case.
Q: Do I really need a personal injury attorney?
A: Yes! Unless you happen to be a lawyer yourself, you will want an experienced personal injury attorney on your side. They can help you navigate the legal system, negotiate with insurance companies, and get you the compensation you deserve.
Q: How much does a personal injury attorney cost?
A: Most personal injury attorneys work on a contingency basis, which means you don’t pay anything upfront. Instead, they take a percentage of your settlement or court award if you win your case.
Q: How long will my personal injury case take?
A: This depends on a variety of factors, including the severity of your injuries, the complexity of your case, and whether or not a lawsuit is necessary. Your personal injury attorney will be able to give you a better idea of what to expect in terms of timeline.
In conclusion, if you’ve had an accident, hiring a personal injury attorney is your best bet for getting the compensation you deserve. Look for an attorney who specializes in personal injury law, has a lot of experience, is a good communicator, is available for emergencies, and has a personality you feel comfortable with. Your attorney will investigate your case, negotiate with the insurance company, and, if necessary, file a lawsuit on your behalf. And don’t forget – most personal injury attorneys work on a contingency basis, which means you don’t pay anything upfront. So, what are you waiting for? Call (443) 991-7730 now!