When you are driving, being rear-ended by another vehicle can be an unexpected and damaging event. These types of accidents can lead to serious injuries and expensive medical bills. If you have been involved in a rear-end accident and are looking for legal representation, you have come to the right place.
What to Do After a Rear-End Accident?
After a rear-end accident, it is crucial to stay calm and follow a few key steps. They include:
- Check if you or anyone else involved in the accident is hurt and call for medical assistance if needed.
- Report the accident to the police and exchange contact and insurance information with the other driver(s).
- Take pictures of the accident scene and damage to all vehicles involved in the collision.
- Seek legal representation to prevent insurance companies from undervaluing your claim.
After you have taken these initial steps, the next best thing to do is to get in touch with a lawyer who specializes in rear-end accidents. An experienced attorney can help you navigate through the legal system and obtain the compensation that you deserve for your lost wages, medical expenses, and pain and suffering.
Causes of Rear-End Accidents
Rear-end accidents can occur for a variety of reasons, including:
- Distracted driving: when a driver is using their phone, eating, or doing anything that takes their attention off the road.
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol: when a driver is impaired and loses their ability to focus.
- Following too closely: when a driver follows the vehicle in front of them too closely and does not have enough room to stop in time in case of an emergency.
- Stoplight and stop sign accidents: when a driver fails to stop in time and rear-ends the vehicle in front of them.
If you have been involved in a rear-end accident caused by another driver’s negligence, an experienced attorney can help you fight for your rights and make sure you receive the compensation that you’re entitled to.
Consequences of Rear-End Accidents
Rear-end accidents can have serious consequences, including:
- Whiplash and other neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Concussions and other head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Bruises and lacerations
These injuries can cause long-term pain and suffering and may require significant time and money to treat. Therefore, it is crucial to seek legal representation to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
How to Choose a Rear-End Accident Attorney
Choosing the right lawyer for your rear-end accident case can be a difficult task. Here are a few tips to help make the process easier:
- Look for an attorney with experience in rear-end accident cases.
- Verify that the attorney is licensed to practice law in your state and has a good reputation in your community.
- Make sure the lawyer you are considering is someone with whom you feel comfortable working and has your best interests in mind.
Remember, you have the right to seek representation, and choosing the right lawyer can make a significant difference in the outcome of your case.
FAQs About Rear-End Accidents
What if I was partially at fault for the accident?
If you were partially at fault for the accident, you may still be entitled to compensation. However, your recovery may be reduced by your percentage of fault.
How long do I have to file a claim?
Statutes of limitation vary by state, but it’s best to act soon after the accident to ensure that you don’t miss any deadlines.
What if the other driver doesn’t have insurance?
If the other driver doesn’t have insurance, your uninsured motorist coverage may help cover your damages. An experienced attorney can help you navigate through your insurance policy and make sure you receive the compensation you deserve.
In conclusion, rear-end accidents can be frustrating and painful, but it’s important to know that you have legal options. By following the steps outlined above, such as seeking medical assistance, contacting the police, and hiring an experienced attorney, you can protect your rights and stand up for your interests. If you need further assistance in your rear-end accident case, our attorneys are here to help. Contact us today for a free consultation.